So, this is the last day of my 22nd year on earth, excitement galore. So, I will share with you my half the age ‘mantras’…
- My name is Kabura and I will die, some day. This is just the only constant in life and when it comes, it will be okay. I hope I was Miss Kabura all through, the daughter, the sister, the friend and the lover.
- “The love that you lost wasn’t worth what it cost,” Linkin Park. Whatever slipped from my grip was beautiful when I still held it close but once it is gone, it is beautiful somewhere else. Some love could be worth fighting for but I do not want to fight against myself. Let it go…
- “It’s the ability to fail out loud, because guess what? It adds to your story,” Kanye West. Just follows through with the cliché saying, ‘should you fall, get up, dust yourself and move on with new energy.’
- “Say love,” Jojo. Darling, if you love someone or someone means something to you, tell them, your sisters, your brothers, lovers, friends, your world needs the ‘I love you’.
- You are never the prettiest in the room. Get in deep, meaningful and challenging relationships. Superficial relationships have a way of making you feel lonely at night. And, friends are the only family you get to choose, plan it well.
- Family is ‘the-constant’. At the end of the day, my three sisters, mum and dad are all I will ever have and I would not have it any other way.
- You are only as serious as you take yourself. If you decide to put your head in the game, you’ll score and if you decide to give up on yourself, yourself will give up on you.
- You cannot save the day from the world. Sometimes you are not even strong enough to save yourself, relax, fight your battles and let others fight their own battles. Help when necessary.
- “I’m walking away..,” Craig David. Know when it’s time to walk away, do it without shame.
- Yours is the world, embrace it. May it be good or bad, whatever the world presents to you, do not run away, make merry when you can, cry and make your world your gem.
- You are beautiful Catey, you are beautiful. Do not feel like your hair, your skin tone, your eyes are not enough. They are just what Cate needs, beautiful enough.
Thank you for going through half the age and a full year with me.
Love and Love.